Carpet Repairs & Carpet Laying
Carpets are an investment in the comfort and style of your home…Whether you have a small or large installation project, are in need of having your carpet re-stretched or require repairs to your existing carpet; Heaven’s Best is your carpet repair specialists.
Some of our repair services include re-seaming, tac strip replacement, pad replacement, carpet re-stretching, carpet patching, carpet installation and transition strip installation/repair. No job is ever too small.
- The sub floor is the floor in which your carpet will be laid on. In most cases it is a concrete slab or a wooden sub floor. The sub floor should always be thoroughly cleaned prior to installing
- The sub floor (as well as the room and the carpet itself) should be at least 65 degrees Fahrenheit so the carpet will properly stretch into place.
- In order to prevent damage to the carpet, large holes or cracks in the sub floor should be filled before the carpet is laid.
- Placing seams under the primary natural light source is good. The added light will help hide the seams.
- Placing seams under furniture will help hide them.
- As much as possible, seams should be out of main traffic patterns.
- Seams should not be directly over pad seams unless they are running perpendicular
- The area where carpet is being installed should be ventilated to avoid the buildup of gasses emitted from your new carpet
- The old carpet should be vacuumed prior to removal in order to minimize dust.
- The piles (tufts of fiber) in your carpet have a direction. All adjacent carpet should be laid in the same direction.
- The threshold between carpet and other types of flooring should be protected with a molding